Hafodunos Hall is a house located near the village of Llangernyw in north Wales. It was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott, a prominent Gothic Revival architect and bult between 1861 and 1866 for Henry Robertson Sandbach, whose family had bought the estate in 1830. The new house was built to replace a much older hall which had been built in 1674. The site had been occupied since at least 1530 but the remains of both previous houses are untraceable.
The Sandbach family sold Hafodunos in the early 1930s. The building has had different uses since, from being a private girls’ school to an old people’s home. The nursing home shut down in 1993 as it failed to meet quality standards. In 2004 the largest part of the house was destroyed by a devastating fire, and following that, the whole site was left abandoned.
In 2010 the property was bought for £390,000 and the new owners announced their desire to restore the house and use it as a residence.
Original Article On : DesertedPlaces